Agenda for Meeting Wednesday 9th October 2019 at 7.30pm

Greetham Parish Council

 Agenda for Meeting on 9th October 2019 at 7.30 at the Community Centre

Members  Mr. Ken Edward, Mrs S. Begy (SB), Mrs J. Denyer (JD), Mr P. Hitchcox (PH);,Mr D. Hodson (DH), Mrs A. Jenkins (AJ), Mr R. Kinchen (RK)

Ward Member: Nick Begy

Members Present:

Members of Public Attended

Comments :

1.

Apologies for absence

 2.

Disclosure of interests in items on the agenda and dispensations granted.

RFO (DH) does not vote on financial matters

 

3.

Approval of minutes from 11th  September 2019 and   &  25th September 2019

Chair

Motion to accept minutes

 

 

4.

Matters arising.

Chair

Ongoing

Summary of outstanding issues to be reviewed with RCC on a walk about Greetham

  • Blocked drains Church Lane & Main Street junction. Thistleton Rd
  • Path dust by quarry and accident damage to path by quarry
  • Church Lane Restriction Signs
  • Moving of 20 mph sign from current location (entrance of Church Lane) to nearer Begy Gardens
  • Re-set Sed Indicator at both ends of the village such that it’s set point is 20 mph rather than 30 mph
  • Oak House chicane – smoothing of radius.
  • Reset kerbs and re-tarmac pavements at various dangerous locations around the village (including reseting man hole covers).  Survey of pavements completed by GPC
  • Improve kerb line and pavement in front of Jacob’s Well

Lovell Tree Planting – still not completed action with RCC Enforcement Officer

North Brook Tree Planting:

PH reported that the Forestry Commission are dealing with this matter

Quarry Dust:

A petition with 60 signatures passed to RCC with covering letter.

Mick George to attend November meeting (13th November) to talk about proposed extension of quarrying work  – JD to update

Bridge Lane Tree Pruning – requested by RCC and appears to be due to installation of new bus shelter on 11.10.2019.  Volunteers  will have pruned back where appropriate to assist erection of new bus shelter.

Clerk Job Vacancy – 2 candidates have been interviewed.

Essential Drainage Works – update

Safer Villages Scheme – JD to report

Christmas Tree for Village Green – decision on type of tree and responsibilities for erecting, decorating and maintaining

School Bus Changes – ongoing issues

JD / NB

PH

PH

JD

JD

JD

NB

JD

DH

JD

5.

Finance

Chair

1.

2.

3.

4.

Update on AGAR from P.K. Littlejohn

Monthly Budget – distributed prior to meting

Invoices for Payment – DH to advise items to be displayed at meeting

·       P K F Littlejohn Invoice for AGAR professional services £240.00

·       Ink Cartridges for JD  £77.37

·       Water Plus for burial Ground £17.64

·       Magnets for noticeboard for KE £6.99

Approval to Place an Order – are there any pending future payments to approve in theory?

.

·  A quote from Instant Eden of £360 to cut back the hedge at Community Centre  had been obtained. This had arisen from RCC requesting the footpath be made passable.
RK was aware of an alternative contractor for this work and it was agreed to obtain a second quote. KE to update on additional quotes.

·  Gone out for further quote

DH

DH

KE

6

Planning

It was agreed that a “Freedom of Information Request” be made to RCC to see all the documentation relating to the updating of the Settlement Hierarchy document which is on file.  DH to update. Receipt Acknowledged and data received.  DH investigating

Construction of Artisan Bakery together with ancillary staff and office accommodation: – Planning App No: 209/0620/ful

       2019/1065/CAT – Fell 3 conifer trees 3 Wheatsheaf Lane

DH

DH

PH

7.

Standing Orders and Focus Groups

Standing Orders

Approval  of updated version following comments from June meeting

Safeguarding Policy Update

Required in connection with grant for information display boards

Financial Regulations

Approval of draft new regulations to reflect current practice

1.       Planning. (DH/AJ/RK)

Any further updates on Local Plan Review

2.       Traffic/Footpaths/Pavements/Lighting. PH/AJ/RK

Issues to be included in the proposed meeting with Highways.

Footpath by bowling green overgrown requires cutting back. Quotes awaited

 

3.    Burial Ground. SB/KE/JD

Burial Fees revisited – meeting to discuss 30th September. 

Awaiting fee for September burial.  JD has been in contact with Dormans Undertakers.

Proposal to accept Revised fee structure

4.       Trees/ Benches/ Clean up SB/PH/AJ

Clean-up day re 2nd November. Focus Group to liaise with KE re maps etc and advertising

PH has written to RCC re grass cutting up Great Lane

Western Power are proposing laying underground electricity up Great Lane.  Trenches could either be dug between the trees and the hedge or on the edge of the road.

Benches – Proposal for another bench. 

SB to report on site, type of bench and cost and whether it will be necessary to consult with RCC  to see if a licence is required. Proposed location – opposite The Wheatsheaf – update required

Great Lane Trees:  No 45 tree (2nd planting) is poorly.  

5.       Jacob’s Well DH/JD

Upgrading of kerbs and paving will be raised at the proposed meeting with Highways.

6.       Community Centre Grant Projects JD/KE

Report has been sent to RCC regarding grant expenditure

7.       Community Garden Group DH

Update

DH

DH

DH

NB

JD

PH

SB

PH

DH

JD

DH

8.

Community Centre

JD

• Meeting will be held 2nd October JD to update 

9.

Welcome Card Visit

JD

10.

Correspondence and Communication

Chair

Snow Wardens – discussion and response

Parish Representatives Required on RCC Conduct Committee

Licensing Policy Consultation

Letter re Road Safety and Safer Villages

Rutland North Beat Report – Laurie Appleton

Parish Council Forum -21st October

Update Mobile Library revised timetable – on village noticeboard

Great Lane – Collection days

Neighbourhood Watch – donations decide for next meeting

Mick George meeting request and information

Poppy update – approve this years’ commemoration plan

11

Reports from outside bodies

Road Safety on A1 – Meeting 8th October feedback

 

12

Items for future agendas

Chair

Wheelie Bin Stickers – do we wish to advertise and promote use of stickers for 20 mph

Digital Rutland Communication

13

Date of next PC Meeting

13th November, 2019 7.00 start for Public Meeting followed by PC meeting

14

Note items to be filed on Dropbox from this meeting for future reference.